Friday, August 27, 2010

design process//

This is my design process. I found it challenging to design at the start because the design process in which i am used to was turned up side down. So eventually i decided to pin it straight onto the mannequin, and then step back and observe. This process, i found, was easier for me to visualize a final garment. I used a basic bra cup pattern and manipulated my swimsuit pattern by deleting and adding design features. For the lower half of the dress, i used a beige shirt dress and draped the upper half (including sleeves) over the lower half of the mannequin then twisted the sleeves into place (creating sculpted form). Overall i'm pleased with the process and the colour scheme. I believe this up-cycled garment relates and reflects my artists concept in the best light.

No comments:

Post a Comment